Bento 2: Prep WORKSHOP with Shiso Delicious
Tuesday 24 October (vegan)
Wednesday 22 November (vegetarian)
The workshops are designed to be independent – you don't need to have taken BENTO 1: INTRO to do this workshop :) You will learn to make your own from any of the workshops!
at Craving Coffee N15 4QQ
9 minutes walk from Seven Sisters Tube and Overground and Tottenham Hale train station
To book: Please contact me below. 10% off if booking Bento Intro and Bento Prep at the same time (£135 for both). If you have questions about the workshops, contact me below too.
"Thank you. You are a real artist!"
"The spontaneity and love that Sara puts into it was very useful and gave us lots of tips to put into practice on a daily basis"
"You were absolutely charming and warm, loving kind of person. Don’t ever change!"
How do I make nourishing and delicious bento packed lunch almost every day without giving up or getting bored? Where do I find motivation, how do I make it work?
If you are looking for prep inspiration or are stuck in a rut with your food prep this workshop is for you! We will have a night of learning, laughing and eating together at our cute venue Craving Coffee.
This evening you will get more familiar with the Japanese – and world – ingredients, flavours and methods that Shiso Delicious is known for :) There's also time to get your hands dirty by helping with prep and finally assemble your own bento box! The recipes at this workshop are not just for bento but can be used for any meal or snacks – dessert and breakfast too!
I will guide you through:
- How I prep nourishing food to have to hand most days of the week. Bulk prepping, storing and creative use of veggies, pulses, nuts and seeds.
- How I use condiments, spices and foods concentrated in nutrients like seaweeds, miso and ferments to make the simplest dishes dance in your mouth (without the use of onion or garlic for meeting- friendly bento!).
- Tricks and hacks to reduce the number of steps, washing up and waste while adding reams of nutritiousness to your bento.
- Shopping, prep, storage and disposal of food to reduce environmental impact and the amount of plastic and chemicals used.
- Soaking and using slow and overnight methods that ultimately save time, nutrients and your wallet.
- How to build up a ‘potion cabinet’ of ready to go condiments and dry pre-preps that will make your bento delicious in one magic sprinkle!
Bento Prep workshop with Shiso Delicious includeS:
Printable recipe collection emailed to you before the workshop
Welcome mini tea ritual: matcha or herbal
- Introduction to Shiso Delicious’ twist on bento.
- Prepping and storing
- Motivation and management
- Bulk roast and store, with seasoning tips and ideas
- Pulses cook and store hacks, creative quick uses
- Rice/grains boosts
- Quick pickles, Level II
- Marinades and dressings
- Seasoning and nourishment sprinkles
- Sweet and quick treats to go
- Vegetarian workshop: Overnight eggs
- Plus a surprise dish or two :)
Tips and tricks for bento assembly + styling
Assemble your own bento box
Sit down and feast, with Q & A
Look forward to see you there!